Thursday, January 27, 2011

Zhaoyi Wang Response 2

For "A Glimpse and a Hook", I was surprised because he said he does not read cover letter or pay less attention to what skills the appliers have. In Japan, people who are seeking jobs usually think that the most important part in your resume is the skill part. I think it is because companies think it does not matter what university you graduated from, and what is important is skills that is effective in the real world. It also might be true in US. However, according to the article, I feel that what we are expected is to show what you did in your lives rather than just skills or qualifications.

For “Build the Resume Employers Want”, I think this is the standard guidance for how to write your resumes. It describes how to show yourselves good to companies you applied to. For example, according to educations or skills, it said that you should include your GPA if you have 3 or more or even it’s lower than 3, it is ok if you have strong experience.

The first article was very impressive and new for me because it shows what I thought important is completely different but the second one was closer to my knowledge about resume. I think the contents of the first one are true. We should describe what we really did in our resume. But still I feel comfortable to follow the second one because I think it is more acceptable in the whole job market.

No comments:

Post a Comment