Thursday, January 27, 2011

Yu Gu – Response 2

“A Glimpse and a hook” and “Build the Resume Employers Want” both give me a better understanding about how HR people review resumes. The first article is more critical, and supersized me more. It is not supersize that job history is the priority Michael cornered. What supersized me are that he skip a lot of things and the role of interests. “Skills”, which seems very important, is not Michael’s concern. I agree with his opinion that job experience is more reliable in term of judge a person’s skill. “Build the Resume Employers Want” is on a sales position perspective. Compare to Michael’s focus on engineering experience, Barbara more focus on sales experience. She suggests students to put their experiences prior to their education background.
Both of the two articles give me a perspective from employers to resumes and perfect directions for my resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment