Monday, January 24, 2011

Mehmet Cankiri - Job Market Research

1- First I would like to give a brief explanation of what my major is and what I can do once I have my degree. In America construction industry is very progressed and improved compare to any other countries in the world, including my home country Turkey. With the help of technology almost all the countries are adopted the American way of managing a construction jobsite. I’m a construction management major and my major allows me to pick one of the two paths of construction. Field engineer and Project engineer. I did internships in the past and I know exactly what I want to do once I graduate. I am planning on being a project engineer. The difference between a project engineer and a field engineer is that a field engineer is on the field 90% of the whereas the project engineer usually spends his/her time in the office making sure all the activities are done per plans. Most of the companies are requiring 3-7 years experience from the applicants. All of the companies are expecting high skills in Microsoft office and knowledge of some of the scheduling software. Design programs are definitely a plus however sometimes a requirement. One of the Turkish companies required their employee to speak French fluently due to the location of the job.

2- Among all the job postings none of them showed the benefits for the prospective employees. They didn’t include salary as well, but this is very common for construction job postings. Managers usually decide your salary, once you showed them how experienced you are.

3- I picked the companies based on my own knowledge. American companies are very well known in the industry and they also attend the BCM Department Job Fair every year. Turkish companies are also well known in both Turkey and in the construction industry due to their work outside of Turkey. One common thing all companies shared as their mission was Building the world.


American Companies

www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=QAKTV&ff=21&APath=2.21.0.0.0&job_did=J8E2MD6CYWWM72RGS5K


http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=QAKTV&ff=21&APath=2.21.0.0.0&job_did=J8A5NX65J374SPLCCTP


Turkish Companies

http://www.kariyer.net/ilan/Renaissance+Construction+%DDnce+%DD%FEler+Saha+M%FChendisi+Libya/?arn=&sid=&ilankodu=599663&ilId=050&PTitle=Renaissance+Construction%2D%DDnce+%DD%FEler+Saha+M%FChendisi%2DLibya


http://www.kariyer.net/ilan/Yap%FD+Merkezi+Saha+M%FChendisi+Fas/?arn=&sid=&ilankodu=613458&ilId=147&PTitle=Yap%FD+Merkezi%2DSaha+M%FChendisi%2DFas

No comments:

Post a Comment