Monday, January 24, 2011

Ji Hyun- Job Market Research

I am a management student and minoring in finance. I would like to be a financial manager, so I need an internship experience. I did research on finance related internships, as I want to do the internship during summer break. As I have no working experience I looked for the jobs that does not requires job experience. I have selected 4 internship job advertisements; 2 from the American job market and the other 2 from the Hong Kong. The minimum requirements of both American and Hong Kong were candidate's major. They both require finance or other business related fields degree. They also require strong problem solving skills, good communication skills, and proficient computer skills especially in EXCEL. I could not find any internship offered for students in job market in Hong Kong. What I have selected were also not for students. The jobs require Bachlor or Master degree. They also require period contract; one was 6 months and the other one was 1 year. At last, both of the jobs from Hong Kong prefer candidates with another language skills other than English, however it is not required. Among 4 job advertisements that I have selected, none of them have stated about the salary. It also did not mention about the compensation packages for the jobs. When choosing the job advertisements compensation packages does not matter to me. Maybe it is because that I was looking for the summer internship and was not researching for the full time job. However, I could find a list of the compensation and benefits from one of the company's website that I have selected, the Tyco Electronics. They were including medical, prescription, and dental insurance, family and medical leave program, vacation, personal time, education reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, costco and credit union membership, other personal development program, etc as their compensation and benefits. I think compensation is one of the factor that I would consider when choosing a job, because compensation does worth alot. I have selected 4 finance related job advertisements, but all of them are in different industries. They are Tyco Electronics, The Walt Disney, The European Bank, and The Societe Generale. However, the way they see themselves in their corporate philosophy or mission statement was similar. They positively described their present standing and their future plans and goals.






in U.S.
Job Ad 1
Job Ad 2


in Hong Kong
Job Ad 1
Job Ad 2


No comments:

Post a Comment