Monday, January 31, 2011

Yerzhan Konysbayev-Job Ad Analysis

1) The job I chose among my 4 options is a Manager to Consulting Department, at Deloitte. Yes, I had some information about the company before I saw this advertisement. I know one guy who graduated from the same high school as me; he made a very good career in a quite short period at Deloitte. This probably encouraged me to find out more about the company. Before seeing the advertisement, I knew that Deloitte is international audit and consulting company which is thought to one of so called “Big four” audit companies.

2) Yes, it has a website. There is a very unusual and at the same time interesting kind of expression of company’s philosophy on their website. There is a three minute video of company’s CEO, Barry Salzberg. His speech is very motivational and empowering. He starts with his own experience, explaining how he was going to work at Deloitte for couple of years and then to switch to another place, but after he started working in Deloitte, he couldn’t leave that place because of the special atmosphere that existed there. What Barry Salzberg was delivering in his speech, is that Deloitte has a very professional approach and qualified workers. He explains that this fact is supported by respectable rankings.

http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_US/us/index.htm

3) I definitely qualify for degree they are requiring. They ask for Economics, Mathematics or Finance degrees, and I have Economics. Also, since this a managerial job and a lot of required skills say “to manage” something, I could indicate my concentration area of “business management” on a resume.

4) Since this is a job of a consultant, I think they are looking for people with strong analytical and problem solving skills. Also, I think one of the most important qualities they are looking for is an employee to be able concentrate deeply on their job.

No comments:

Post a Comment