Wednesday, January 26, 2011

JUN SUP LEE- Response 2

A Glimpse and a Hook

This article is talking about the information about the resume and how the author thinks the resume should be. The author mainly focuses on the details of resumes. He only spends 20 to 30 seconds skimming resumes. Therefore, he wants to have quality resumes which contain critical and honest information about the people which can grasp his sight. He also mentions that if you want to be selected by recruiters it is important to have a resume which is different from any others to drag attention. However, do not put things that you didn’t do or can’t do if you are human.

Build the Resume Employers Want

This article starts with different opinions of recruiters about the resume that they check first. Different recruiters have different perspectives so they decide their own priority when they skimming resumes. Then, the article talks about how we should write competitive resume. The article tells about the detail methods how to write quality one.

After reading both articles, I first came up with the idea that not every recruiter looks resumes same way. Many recruiters have their own tastes to read them. Therefore, I think that it will be very hard to meet the standards of all recruiters. Therefore, it is important to meet common criteria for the general resume. The most important part that I learned through those articles is that it is important to include work experiences even though you think that the jobs are not related to the position that you want. They both mention that people learn something from whatever jobs. Another point that I think important is that students should be human when they write resume. Including my friends and myself, students usually exaggerate what they did to show better to recruiters. Lastly, I learned that graduating competitive college is not all about getting a good job. I used to think that it will be somewhat hard when I compete with students from top schools. However, it is much more important to have more work experiences. The main point for both articles is that students should spend a lot of time writing a resume including key points that your recruiter can show interests since recruiters have tons of resumes, and they spend 20 seconds to skim yours. Those articles gave a lot of information to me. I again realized that writing resume is not simple task but more like showing my four year experience of college life. Because of those articles, I can revise my previous resume better way.

No comments:

Post a Comment