Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mehmet Cankir - Response 02

As a senior I have heard many different things about preparing resumes, how much effort I should be putting, how important using the buzzwords are. I think these two articles are very different from each other. The article “Build the Resume Employers Want” talks about important facts that are accepted by most of the career centers. It talks about how one should be very straightforward with the objective rather than talking about the future plans. This article mainly talked about the general information on how to build a resume. One thing I learned from this article that I should consider putting my honors, and rewards under the experience section.

The next article “A Glimpse and a Hook” however, talks more about the sections of resumes that are actually more important to recruiters. This article has made me think about making many changes on my resume, because I experienced the examples that the author gave. The most important part of the article I believe was the 30 second habit that the author had. I was always told about this, but I actually never new people out there consider this as their rule.

The article “A Glimpse and a Hook” was more informative for me than the other article. I never thought about changing the style of my resume, or have different fonts for header and the rest. One thing I didn’t agree with the author was the unimportance of the skill part.

No comments:

Post a Comment