Monday, January 31, 2011

Joohyun Kim - Job Ad Analysis

1. I just recently became aware of this company while I was searching for financial-related companies for my summer internship this year. I have always been interested in well-known international companies that had corporate branches in Korea, and this could be why I have never heard of this company, Independent Capital Management (ICM).

2. Yes, ICM does have a website (www.icmfinancial.com). The website states that ICM was founded with a philosophy of providing independent financial advice not only to certain groups, but also to individuals, families, and businesses. ICM was formed when employers began letting employees to manage their own retirement plan due to the weakening social security system and unstable banks in the united states. Their business purpose was to help those in need of building a realiable retirement plans.

3. ICM's job posting on Monsters has a list of qualifications which focuses on ethical, energetic, and hard-working employees. My experience in the korean army for two years have allowed me to work hard on daily tasks while keeping the strict ethical standards that the organization imposed. Two-year military service isn't something anyone can endure, and I believe such experience can show my abilities to fulfill ICM's qualifications which I can express on my resume. Most importantly, ICM is currently seeking for applicants who have relevant educational background in financial counseling, and my concentration in financial counseling and planning fits well for this position.

4. ICM has mentioned in both their job posting on Monsters and also their company website that they look for potential employees who have good communication and mathematical skills. Although these skills are necessary, I personally think the communication skill is most important for working in this company. The major financial services that are offered by ICM includes retirement planning, investment advisory services, estate planning, and other financial-related advisory which require lots of contacts with the customers. The communication skill is vital, because before applying any expert skills such as computing and interpreting data, person providing advice to their client should first understand and assess client's situation from communicating with their clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment