Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Yerzhan Konysbayev- Response 02

First of all, I would like to notice that it is obvious from two articles that every recruiter has his or her own approach and the way of going through resumes. The article "The glimpse and a hook" seems to be very honest. I always thought that people in human resources never read the whole resumes when they have hundreds or even thousands of them. I agree with the author of the article that recruiters like her ignore some statements especially when they provide with fewer facts like " objective statements".So, I can't say that something in the article shocked me, but it was helpful to know what sections of the resume I should be paying attention to when I will be applying for a job with many rivals. However, I think, what is true for that particular recruiter may not be true for others. For instance, she might only have 3 openings but 300 applicants, so she can afford to be a little careless. In other cases, when there are many openings and not that many applicants, human resources will try to pick the best candidates paying more attention to all details. Maybe that is why recruiters' opinions differ so broadly in two articles. For example, in " the glimpse and a hook" article the author claims that objective statement of a resume isn't important at all. On the other hand, in the "build the resume employer wants" experts to say that objective statements is one of the most important sections of a resume, comparing it "The objective is like a thesis statement for a term paper". To sum up, I want to stress that before one applies for a job, he/she should take into consideration all the facts that are available about the number of applicants and the number of available vacancies.

No comments:

Post a Comment