Monday, January 24, 2011

Joohyun Kim- job market research

1. Since I do not have much of working experience, I looked for the jobs with the least requirements. So there are not much of specified requirements in both the local and international jobs I have chosen. So far, I do see that like most of the companies, the candidates are to compete through resumes and interviews. And work experience or license acquired related to the work field is preffered. The work hours are generally simillar to the other job options. It appears that among the jobs I have chosen, the jobs in the US pays much higher than the jobs in Korea.

2. There are not specific compensate packages mentioned on the US job ads but the jobs in Korea offer full insurance policies including a meal per a day. I paid much attention to the bonus while looking at the ads. I heard that the US jobs pay relatively much higher bonus than other countries. However, even though the jobs in the US and Korea do provide bonus, the amount guranteed is unknown and not informed on the webpages.

3. There are not specific mission statement mentioned on the web page but when looking at the jobs in Korea, they do look for candidates with skills in foreign languages especially English. This seems to me that these companies are taking steps to go forward world-wide.

job ad 1 (US)

jobs ad 2 (US)

jobs ad 3 (Korea)

jobs ad 4 (Korea)

No comments:

Post a Comment