Thursday, January 27, 2011

Nornazira-Response 2

All this while, I will google the perfect sample of resumes in order to impress the recruiter. After reading "A Glimpse and a Hook", he did not inspire me to write a perfect resume at all. Most of what I think is right for the resumes is totally the opposite from his perspective. Somehow I think he's being pessimist with all the applicants. Like he said in the summary of qualification, "Similar to Skills, this is another skip section for me. Here’s a good example from an imaginary resume". For me, not all candidates will write a "creative resume" just to impress the reader on the first place. I guess his thought in the article is just a way of him to complain and be fussy to his job after seeing pile of resumes to be reviewed. 

On the other hand, Barbara gives me another insight to build a good resume. A company might have a different requirement for each vacancy. Therefore, a recruiter will just skip certain part that's not pertaining to the job available. This article is a mash up of what other recruiters also think. So, not all recruiters will be like Radsin. After reading this article, we should write a resume that includes qualifications that we can offer to sit for the job. Radsin might say he will be bored seeing the same layout for every resume he review, but a specific layout for a resume will actually give an idea to the applicants to write a resume that is readable to recruiter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment