Monday, January 31, 2011

Seong Taek Kim - Job Ad Analysis

The the job ads that I linked on the previous post, have problems and are not appearing on the webpages for some reason so I post a new job ad

job ad

1. I couldn't have known about the company because I was looking for internships or assisting jobs in a pursuit of potential self-improvement. So the companies did not matter as long as I saw things to learn in the job.

2. JMG Financial Group- As the goal of the company is to manage and sustain clients' wealth, the company seems to focus primarily on the quality of services provided to clients. I am assuming that the company is very strict about abilities of employees to perform the services, because managing one's equity is not something you can take easily. Such skills require a lot of trainings and experiences to be mastered. So I believe that when the company looks for recruiments, the employers will be the most interested in the education history and work experiences rather than personalities that enhance working environment to work with.

3. The keyword here is "wealth management" It applies to my college major "Financial counseling and planning" I believe that most college offer degrees in business but most colleges do not offer specified degree field as "Financial counseling and planning" like Purdue University offers. Therefore, I think that the best way to appeal myself to the company is my education history.

4. As mentioned right above, the company seeks to hire people with great finance managing skills to meet the clients' satisfaction. This job is highly sensitive to the quality of work performed. If such plans go wrong, the entire life or the whole retirement plans can go wrong. Therefore, the financial management skills are vital to the company and the fact that I am majoring in the field will be strongest point on the resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment