Monday, January 31, 2011

[Suizi Xiao] - Job Ad Analysis

Among those four job advertisements that I chose in the first assignment, I prefer to focus on the Ministry of Environmental Protection of the People’s Republic of China. It locates in Beijing, my hometown, so that I can take care of both my career and my families.
1. Yes, the Ministry of Environmental Protection is part of official government organizations. I can always hear of its latest news from TV or other media. Otherwise, my mother works there. It’s a non-profit seeking organization directly run by Chinese government for environmental project, pollution control, and nuclear safety. Nowadays, people around the world pay more attention on environmental problem, which makes it a hot spot in current Chinese society.
2. The official web set for MEP is http://www.mep.gov.cn/, where there is additional English version at http://english.mep.gov.cn/. The MEP usually shows its work tasks to the public through this website for social supervision. The MEP aims to develop and organize the implementation of national policies and plans for environmental protection, draft laws and regulations, and formulate administrative rules and regulations for environmental protection. Overall, together with other government departments, it regulates the public administration as well as helping people live a better live.
3. The keywords on the website that can help me build my resume are “responsibility”, “moral conduct”, and “professional”. I’m looking for an accountant job; it also requires bachelor degree, CPA, ACP, and CFP certification like other companies. However, I think it is more important to blend myself into its special philosophy. Not only should I do well in the specialized accounting field, but also I need to be a righteous person. On the other hand, the preferential treatment would be given to someone who has related job experience. While I have already taken internship there several times before. That may contribute a lot to my resume and cover letter.
4. Of course, the accounting skills including auditing, financial and tax management are basic requirements. As for the MEP, which has many subordinate units related around the country, the organizational and coordinative skills are very important for all of its employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment