Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Zhaoyi Wang--Response 4

I don’t think those kind of angry emails are needed in the business situation. It is because people should be proper or clear to every people as much as possible. In the case of Cerner Corporation, what made employees feel to be fired is Neal Patterson did not use proper words to reply his employee’s message. Finally, it made 22% price down of their company’s stock. I thought in the business world, the proper and professional words are necessary even using email or contacting with well-known colleagues. Of course business cultures are different around the world, but still, I think we have to be careful not to use too casual words.

It is very curious because when we do job research, we have to read bunch of manuals about how to write polite emails to company. When I get into my university, professors told us again and again that when we email to them, we have to use polite words. However, in the real business world it’s not always the case as I read those articles.

As John Challenger said, "It's so easy to e-mail, and that's the risk, isn't it? Once you've put it out there, you can't get it back.” It is true. When I use email, I often forget to attach files or make some spelling mistakes. However, nowadays, we cannot do business without emails. Business highly depends on information technology, and we have to use it effectively to spend our lives. Since emails are already a part of our necessities in daily lives, we should use it with polite just like when we directly meet together.

No comments:

Post a Comment