Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Seong Taek Kim- Response 04

Personally, I use emails most of the times as a communicating tool. When it comes to official or even the talk between teamates for a school project, I prefer emails to phones. The reason for the often use of email all started when I first went overseas to learn English. Since I was experincing very much of language barriors, I preferred to talk, express, and request thorugh emails to phones, because I had really hard time talking on phones where people barely understood my accent. After reading the second article, I recalled the few times I sent angry emails to mostly college addimission offices. Most of emails I sent was not replied and I was desperate that I sent multiple emails to the offices. Still ignored and that I ended up calling them. I remember it was extremely hard for me to write to express that I was desperate to be answered. The hardest part is expression through emails. Actuall all the written expression is important and difficult. People sometimes have to express angry feelings to the parties who are not very coorperating. The very first thing I considered when I expressed my desperation and anger thorugh email was to write as formal and polite as possible so that the one receiving my email wouldn't be offended. I remember using so many of "could you please....? I eventually failed to express any anger though. The angry expression I came up with was "I've sent multiple emails and have not heard from you......" I was afraid that the offices would not answer my question if offended by my email. It becomes the hardest when you need more than the other party needs you. For example, a relation between an emploee and a boss, it is the most difficult when the employee needs something and the boss is not providing the needs. The employee is to express feeling to request for the needs which might offend the boss in a way. I still am not very good at expressing through emails and I strongly believe that it is crucial in all sort of business world.

No comments:

Post a Comment