Thursday, February 17, 2011

Farah Abdullah - Response 04

I feel sorry for the chief executive of Cerner Corporation, Mr Patterson, for what had happened to him. However, I do feel that email should not be a medium to express someone's feeling because the way people interpret the words would be different. For example, the way Mr Patterson highlighted his words such as NEVER, NO LONGER and CARE might have been understood differently. Some people might take it as it is, some might feel discouraged and there might also be people who feel it is rude to write like that. Also, to have his company stock market plummeted in just three days because of his act was tragic. I can understand him when he said he wishes he had never hit the send button.


As for me, I usually avoid using email to express my feelings mainly because I am pretty bad in choosing the right words and someone might misunderstand me. I also believes that emotion can be affected by your tones and that is why talking is more effective when it comes to feelings. However, in Mr Patterson case, to talk to 400 managers is just ridiculous so I think the best way to deal with it is to send the email in small scale and look at the recipients reaction before forwarding it to some others.

No comments:

Post a Comment