Thursday, February 17, 2011

Muasher - Response 04

After reading the “Boss's Angry Email Sends Shares Plunging" article I was surprised that a simple email could be so detrimental to a company. It could lead to loss of respect, decrease in staff morale and in this case stock dropped by 22%. A company could go from being one of the top 100 places to work at to questioning its chief executive. I believe that a chief executive should manage himself in a more professional way. Sending angry emails only shows that you are not in control, which is especially bad if you are the executive of a firm.

In the past I have sent angry emails, though from experience I have noticed that they do not help in the long run. Angry emails may make one feel good at the moment but can cause damage in the future just as the case from the article. From my experience as well as the article I believe that one should always conduct themselves in a professional manner and not let their temper control their actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment