Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Suizi Xiao - Response 04

Interestingly, an angry email can cause such a disaster to a company. I believe that the head officer of the Cerner Corporation must be so regret sending his email out. Maybe he paid lot efforts to build his company’s reputation. Now the stock was dropped at a large percent down, as well as the impact to the trading. Actually, I can understand that he said so on an impulse, which might not reflect the real characteristics he had. Or, his employees did doing so inappropriate and finally led to his angry tone. However, no matter what did his employees do, Neal’s bad communication mode hurt his company much greater than his employees. In China, there is an old saying that “an incapable soldier is just a soldier, but an incapable commander would bring out a team of incapable soldiers”. Thus, everyone should regulate his behavior and abilities, especially as a leader.
Nowadays, email is a convenient way to communicate with others. It’s too normal for people to attach importance to it. It’s not only a way to contact your friends, but also a tool for sharing information. As for the second use, we need to apply professional language, like a short essay. We need to mind the subject, attitude, position, and also manner of speaking; in order to avoid similar things happened in those articles.
Luckily, I haven’t either received or sent any angry email. I appreciate to read those articles before I do so. In the future, I would definitely recheck my email. In fact, I think that is what I always do when I’m writing. I don’t want to provide any evidence to others that I’m an “irritable bad” person.

No comments:

Post a Comment