Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ken JEONG- Response 4

Email has become one of the best communication ways in our lives. There are several reasons email becomes popular. First, email is convenient. Since most people have their own email address and check their email every day, it can be the fast way to communicate. Second, unlike phone call, email use letter not voice. When we communicate each other, Letter can be more accurate way to communicate than voice. Third, we can also send some files or massive materials to many people by email at the same time. Lastly, most important feature I think, people regard email is formal way to contact other people. These various features can make email becomes popular in these days. Explained above, email would be the good way to transfer information, but we also need to keep in mind email is one way to communicate with others. So it is very important to use proper formality and be careful about subtle nuance.
As an international student in Purdue, I am still having a hard time to talk with English. I can speak freely in general conversation but it is hard for me to express subtle distinction of my thoughts and emotions to others. But when using email, I can express exactly what I want to say. So I preferred to use email when communicate with others.

It is very interesting example that single email can influence stock price. Of course we can think stock price is very sensitive to the rumors and information, but this example can give us lesson that we should be careful even write a single email to others. Like I said above, email is another way to communicate with others. Keep in mind that talking face to face with others is not the only way to interact with others. So when we write the email, it is good to express what we want to say but not emotionally.

I have no experience to write angry email to others. Because I think it is unnecessary to express my emotions when write the email. I always try to be nice to others even though I am angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment