Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Farah Abdullah - Job Ad Analysis

Aerospace industry in Malaysia is still new but growing rapidly. After the first local astronaut was sent to the space, a lot of aerospace based companies were established. Airfoil Services Sdn. Bhd. (ASSB) was one of them. I never came across this company before and I got to know it when I was doing some research for this course. I believe if I could start my career working for this company, I would have a great foundation and experience for my future.


The website for the company can be found at Airfoil Services. The company is a joint venture between Germany and Malaysian aircraft companies which specializes on repairing blades for major aircraft. Setup in 1991, ASSB has its own environmental, health and safety policy. They are committed to manage the environmental impact of their products and services while at the same time takes care of the health and safety of their workers.


From the job advertisement, one of the requirements is to have experience in project work. I believe I can use my experience from my senior design class, in which I learned how to manage a project and work in a team, to fulfill this requirement. Also, as a person who loves the nature and always choose to go green, I believe that the company and I share the same mission which is to protect the environment.


As an engineer, I believe one must be a creative and innovative person. An engineer needs to have a strong communication skills because they will not only work with machine but also with people or client. Beside mastering all the technical skills like Microsoft Office, computer programming and designing tools, an engineer will always need to work in a team thus, understanding and collaboration are very crucial skills an engineer should have.


No comments:

Post a Comment