Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mehmet Cankiri - Response 4

I never thought about the angry email concept before until I read the article. I am very surprised how an angry email can affect a company this much. I think the CEO of the Cerner Corporation must regret this email more than anything in his career. Who would think that the company that is doing so well, its stocks are doing great but all of a sudden everything went down due to an angry email. Personally I can’t fully blame the CEO, I’m sure being the boss of many employees he probably had a way of managing the company and perhaps he got frustrated because it felt like the employees don’t care about the company. However, I still think if a person is in a CEO position should be able to control is temper because they face many problems throughout their career.

I haven’t received or sent an angry email yet. When I put myself in CEO’s shoes, I usually prefer having face-to-face conversations with people so I don’t think I will be communicating through email if there is an important matter. One day when I become an employee who got laid off in an impolite way, hopefully I would hold my anger and not write such email.

No comments:

Post a Comment