Monday, April 11, 2011

[Suizi Xiao] Response 5

1. The idea of bacon salt came from an occasional matter. Those guys went to a bar and ordered a cup a bacon cocktail while they are traveling. They suddenly found that it tasted really good and wondered how they could cook other things like bacon. In the right place at the right time, they got this unique idea and changed their career goal. This could be seen as“luck”. On the contrary, they also thought about vitamin water before. However, this idea had already been applied by other soda company. They had not been so fortunate as this time, so they had to give up.

2. If I have a hundred thousand dollars to invest, I would prefer invest my money in some products that sound more “normal” to me. First for most, although I think bacon tastes good, I’m not a huge fan of it. Their objective, “Everything should taste like bacon”, is pretty weird for Asian people. If someone wants to eat something like bacon, just go and buy some bacon; it’s not a luxury or rare product. Second of all, I don’t think it is good for people’s health. It’s not made by real bacon, but bacon flavor food additive. Nowadays, people pay more and more attention on healthy problems; high intake of salt can lead to high blood pressure. I don’t think this product can make profit for a long time. Last but not least, I want to start my business in my hometown, and I would like to invest in a more meaningful product that would bring me payback. The bacon salt might be popular in US; I would definitely say that not many people would like to try it in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment