Monday, April 11, 2011

[Kwanbin Lim] Response 5

I think the biggest lesson to be learned from this audio is that if you have an idea, no matter how small or big, you must take actions to copyright it. I heard that one of the speaker’s wife came up with the idea of vitamin water and they didn’t do anything about it which cost them billions of dollars. If I had a hundred thousand dollars I probably wouldn’t invest on bacon salt. First of all, not all people like bacons. As we all know America is a big melting pot of many different races. For example, I’m Korean and I’ve never even tasted bacon before I came here, so waking up to the smell of bacon is not a pleasant experience for me. Although the percentages of Americans outnumber other races, it’s also an irrefutable fact that in those percentages of Americans, some don’t like bacons. This bacon salt market is focused on population percentage that I wouldn’t want to invest on. Second thing is that I would prefer real bacon over bacon salt any day. I give that credit that bacon salt is a good seasoning but I wouldn’t carry it around me anywhere I go just so I can taste bacon from every other good meal that I might want to eat. To add criticism, how lazy can a person get? If you want to eat something, you cook it. That’s been the universal truth for as long as human kind existed. If you are so lazy that you want bacons but don’t want to cook it, than they might like this idea of bacon salt. It’s a good idea, but not brilliant. Bacon salt targets not the whole percent of Americans, but the partial percentages of bacon fanatics and I would not invest on this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment