Monday, April 11, 2011

Response 5- Yerzhan Konysbayev

First of all, I would like to say that I liked the radio interview a lot. The reason is that I want to be entrepreneur some day, and this conversation kind of inspired me. I started to realize that anyone can start their own business easily. To be honest, although I like spicy food I never tried their product, but I am pretty sure it is delicious. The inventors of the “Bacon Salt” made the impression as very ordinary youngsters who are very cheerful and joyous.

Of course, as in any other case of people succeeding luck plays a great role here. Many people do the same amount job every day but not all of them succeed, in my mind explanation for that is, what we call “luck”. Even the moment the idea occurred can also be called a “lucky moment”, since not many people get bright ideas. If the new idea hadn’t come up, they wouldn’t be so successful.

What I liked the most about the interview: It may seem funny but I share with the inventors the belief that “Google” is one of the most helpful tools ever. Even though I am just a student, not an entrepreneur, I use it a lot for my classes when I need to do a research.

To be frank, I wouldn’t invest in Bacon Salt if I had hundred thousand dollars. The reason is manifold:

1) I am not familiar with the food industry at all

2) I think their product is not so well known and it is not an essential product , so a lot promotion is required

3) I would invest in some other areas, for example biofuel, developing countries’ markets

No comments:

Post a Comment